Auf Lager, versandfertig am nächsten Werktag
Ever wanted to build your own game console? MAKERbuino is what you need!
This neat little device is an open source GameBoy you can build yourself (it’s fully DIY – do it yourself).
Besides being a cool retro handheld device, MAKERbuino is also an educational device shaped like a game console. It’s a great (and also fun and cool) tool for learning and/or teaching various forms of STEM skills (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics).
Solder your own game console, play cool retro games, learn STEM through fun and interesting tutorials, make the game of your dreams, share with a large community.
In the basic MAKERbuino kit, you’ll get all the components needed to build and program your own game console.
A detailed guide with lots of pictures is included to make assembly super-easy: MAKERbuino build guide.
- Age 11+ is advised. Average build time: 5 – 6 hours (depending on user’s skill level).
- You’ll need some basic soldering and assembly skills to put the kit together.
- Some basic tools are needed for assembling the MAKERbuino, you can get them in almost any better tools and electronics store or order a MAKERbuino kit with tools (we also have that option)
The design is fully open source, programmable in Arduino and compatible with various Arduino modules.
MAKERbuino was designed to make the assembly process as easy as possible – all components are big enough to be soldered by hand and are not sensitive to overheating (which might happen if an inexperienced user is soldering).
Find more info about MAKERbuino at the “About” page.
Included in the package:
- unassembled MAKERbuino kit
- 128MB SD card loaded with games
- USB-TTL programmer board (for connecting your MAKERbuino to a computer and programming it)